Announced today, Seer’s Isle is the new visual novel coming this summer from Nova-box, the minds behind Along the Edge, one of our suprise hits from last year.
Seers Isle is an interactive graphic novel, set in a fantasy version of medieval northern Europe, where your choices impact the fate of a group of characters
– Explore the island through a diverse group of characters, depicted in a gorgeous European comic book art style.
– Every choice matters. Each decision you make slightly alters the mood and personality of the main character as well as her relationship with the rest of the group.
– A huge amount of content: with each playthrough, discover a novel-sized adventure and a slice of the hundreds of hand-drawn images created for the game.
– An immersive and finely crafted soundtrack: the music adapts and shifts according to your choices and the mood of each scene. Try out our dynamic dialog system: read the story like a comic book.
– High replayability: choose your soulmate and discover the outcome of your decisions through multiple story paths and endings.
That’s a lot promised, but I have great confidence in Nova-box. Their previous game, Along The Edge, was an impressive game, doing much more than I expected of a visual novel, and really challenging my assumptions of the genre. Choice truly mattered, and your decisions had lasting impacts on the entire direction of the game, changing the entire theme and scope of the game. I’m expecting just as many bizarre turns and twists from Seers Isle.
Seers Isle will be released for PC, Mac & Linux during the summer of 2018.
Read our full review of Along the Edge Here. Want to know more? Why not check out our Interview with writer Geoffrey Vincens, where we talk about Along The Edge’s narrative, choice and the visual novel genre.