Today, Red Hook succeeded in making Darkest Dungeon even more stress inducing, as a new Patch titled “Everything Burns”, which introduces Town Events, is live today. Town Events are the final Stretch Goal promised during Darkest Dungeon’s original Kickstarter, and it’s superb to see the success the game has enjoyed from its crowd funding origins. There’s a number of other additions to the game in this patch, such as a Default Party Order Button, a Loot All option, and a pretty significant buff to the Jester, but Town Events are definitely the star of the show in this patch.
Town Events come in a dizzying variety, from universal buffs to your entire roster like “Helping Hand” which will remove level restrictions from the next mission, or class specific Town Events like “Wyrd Council“, which gives you a chance to hire an additional Occultist aside from your stagecoach. Certain Class Events will require you to leave behind a character so they can be buffed, but others may result in the loss of a member of your roster, so these are not without risk.
Here are a couple of Town Events that were showcased on the Red Hook Community Stream:
If anything, the suggestion to “Beware the Vvulf” should truly be taken to heart though…
Here is the full Changelog from this release:
Changelist for Build #14487:
• TOWN EVENTS – bonus recruits, extra supplies, facility closures, and more! Each event is presented with unique key art and commentary by the Narrator (Wayne June), and many are supported with additional in-game art. Be warned, The Hamlet is not as safe as it once was… (Note: you can adjust the frequence of Town Events in the OPTIONS menu, although they are mandatory for NG+)
• Hamlet Polish: Various lighting FX and smoke added to the Hamlet.
• Added a Default Party Order Button, find it on your Map in a dungeon!
• Loot All – now keybound to SPACEBAR
• Credits – Accessible from the options menu, we are proud to list thousands of backers who helped bring this project to life! Oh, and us too.
•ESC and ENTER now dismisses Single Prompt Confirmation Windows (i.e. full inventory warning prompt)
• Added confirm for when you don’t have any combat skills selected.
• Jester “Finale” skill now hits with more punch! John’s plan of Jester domination is slowly coming to fruition.
• Fixed missing Antiquarian loot tables
• Fixed riposte bugs with stats not applying from riposte skill.
• Click to skip quirk-driven curio interaction bark.
• Fix to estate not being saved when heroes are dismissed. (This will fix trinkets getting lost in town.)
• Trap disarm tooltip in tray now takes difficulty into account to accurately display chance.
• Fixed up tooltips for Russian localization
• Fix heirloom exchange bugs. ◦Fixed max not being accessible for transfer amounts.
◦ Fixed not being able to close it when it’s open and you purchase in such a way that you end up with 0 heirlooms.
• Adjusted ‘Field Dressing’ camping skill to fix bug
• Fix to estate saving in provision screen resulting in lost money.
• Fix to retreat outside of plot quest.
• Fix to captured dead heroes (Crew, Cauldron, Siren) not dying after quest.
• Activity log now will log stress heal with buff
• Fixed Shambler corpses not being large
• Fix to missing crit lines for Musketeer
• Unequip trinket for hero who dies in retreat and add the trinket to raid finish inventory.
• Fixed up incompatible quirks awarded at the end of a raid.
• Bookshelves and Book stacks can now drop Journal Pages
• Added Cooldowns on some Town Events
• Added List of Destroyed Upgrades in the Activity Log. (From ignoring the bandit incursion)
• The Town Crier can now be found enjoying the various stress relief facilities in the Hamlet once the town grows a bit
• Added Temporary English text for all the new text for other Languages. (Localization is being worked and should be done soon).
• Various addition polish for Town Events
• Fixed Bug Quirk Gained from Facility Usage not Replacing Quirk correctly
• Various UI fixes