Endknight Games recently released their change log for The Forest v .09. This is particularly excited because this particular version adds co-op multiplayer! Now you can face the cananbalistic horrors with a friend; no word on who’s kid you are actually trying to rescue.
Here’s our first pass at co-op multiplayer implementation, expect bugs!
We’re really excited to see what you guys think and hear any ideas you have for either additional game modes or additions to the current mode! – As this is a first iteration we’ve limited this mode to 2 players but expect to increase this in future patches.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in theDiscussions area of the Community Hub or send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Slowed down tennis ball throw massively so players can play catch together on beach
- (multiplayer)Server configuration screen – This will automatically tell you your public ip address – This is temp, server browser or better Steam integration coming soon!
- (multiplayer)Chat box – Press enter to type messages to each other – This is temp and may be buggy!!, Voice chat is coming soon! (we’re modeling walkie-talkies)
- (multiplayer)Player texture variation, run around with your survivalist buddy!
- (multiplayer)First pass at player respawn system, on dead try and find way back to body to collect your belongings
- Fixed bug where building a bench could cause save games to break
- Fixed female skin being too dark
- Rest of skinny animation variations added
Saving in a multiplayer game will save over single player save game, allowing you to continue progress but not as a multiplayer game (working on fix for this currently)
Destroying partially built items can be glitchy! Try not to destroy structures you haven’t placed yourself!