No doubt long awaited, and definitely offering a whole lot, today Amplitude Studios announced a new update to Endless Legend which included the addition of Mod Support. The update might be Halloween themed, and does add some very cool elements that are seasonal, but lets not ignore the fact that the biggest present is mod support. Mod support will not only tie the community to this game, but will certainly help with the game’s longevity. here are the full Patch Notes, which can also be found here:
Happy (early) Halloween everyone!
You all know how candies are bad for your teeth. Therefore, we think that it would be for your own good to stay home and play Endless Legendinstead of trick or treating…Just kidding obviously. What’s true however is that we have released an exciting Halloween Mini Add-On for you. Here’s what it includes:
- Modding support, more info on this can be found HERE
- A new side quest
- A new Broken Lord hero and an item
- Various bug fixes
RELEASE NOTES [1.0.12]
CHANGES AND ADDITIONS
- Added the mod support
- Added a new side quest unlocking a new Broken Lords’ Hero and a new item
- Reduced base XP gain per turn on Hero as Governor from 3 to 2 (now identical to XP gain on Hero as Leader)
- Fixed an issue where the host receives an unskippable assert during a session
- Fixed an issue where the player receives an assert message and remains stuck in combat after ending the targeting phase
- Fixed an issue where the AI does not take the Founder’s Memorial improvement into account
- Fixed an issue where the AI factions do not build Watchtowers
- Fixed an issue where the village dust ray indicator from the quest “Too Many Chiefs” does not disappear when the quest is failed
- Fixed an issue where custom factions with the “Make Trade Not War” trait were asked to declare war in a side quest
- Fixed an issue where armour quest items were Tier 2 instead of Tier 4
- Fixed an issue where quest items makes Tier 3 items obsolete (because effects are not always better)
- Fixed an issue where the Ardent Mages main chapter 8 cannot be completed
- Fixed an issue where the custom Cultists affinity factions without “Weapons of the Enemy” trait cannot raze captured cities
- Fixed an issue with custom Vaulters improvements that could be build multiple times
- Fixed an issue with the “Strength of the Vault” tech position when used in a custom faction
- Fixed an issue where the technology allowing to explore again ruins does not reset the FX and 2D icon
- Fixed an issue where some buildings show completion in 1 turn regardless their position in the queue
- Fixed an issue where the minor factions can be assimilated in colonised regions even when never discovered
- Fixed several text issues
The additional information provided about modding Endless Legend is available here, and I’ve also copied the majority of it below:
It is now possible to mod Endless Legend!
For now, it is mainly XML-based modifications which are possible, but you can also add in your own icons, portraits, etc…
This thread will serve as a guideline for specific modding blocks.
I will add new tutorials depending on what type of help modders need.
Feel free to contact me if you’ve written a tutorial (according to the fact it will be easy enough to follow), I’ll add it to this thread.
Most importantly, Enjoy!
The Modding Tutorial is available as a PDF.
The version will be updated with changes. The current version is v.1.0
Here are some demo mod files which gives you concrete examples of what can be done with the tool.
According to what is explained in the pdf you should place those files into the Community folder which is used for modding.
You should see the following in main menu then:
You will see that in those mod examples attached, each of them has an xml file at its root which allows to launch the specific mod.
Here is a file to use as a reference because it takes into account every xml you can change in the game.
When you create an entirely new mod please do not hesitate to use it, as it might avoid any misunderstanding: ModdingReference.rar
If you have trouble downloading any file, do the following steps and try again:
1. Log out of the forum and log back in.
2. Else try a different browser (firefox vs IE, etc)
3. Else clear your browser cookies.